Dakoo is committed to the health and safety of our entire community. With the ongoing concern around the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to arm our customers, Dakoo Fleet, and merchant partners with the information they need to know to stay safe when using our platform.
In order to keep yourself and those around you safe, we highly recommend the following:
Follow proven MoHFW guidelines around hygiene.
Frequently wash your hands using soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and avoid touching your face with your hands. If you feel ill, stay home.
MoHFW and WHO are great resources for those with questions around COVID-19. Both organizations are trusted and continue to update their sites with new and relevant information.
Follow community guidelines.
As always, and no matter the public health moment, we’re firm believers that you should treat everybody with respect. You can lose access to Dakoo if you are found to have discriminated against others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, gender, gender identity, age, or any other category protected under applicable law.
Prevent community transmission.
If we are notified that anyone using our platform — Dakoo, customers, or merchants — has tested positive for COVID-19, we will temporarily hold the account from using Dakoo until an incubation period is complete.
Frequently asked questions:
- What is COVID-19?
- Have my options for delivery changed?
- What is Dakoo doing to keep me safe?
- How is Dakoos keeping the Fleet safe?
- How is Dakoos keeping Merchant partners safe?
- What steps can I take to prevent an illness?
- Should I wear a face mask?
- Is it safe to order Dakoos?
- What if I think my food is contaminated?
- What if my Dakoo appears ill?
- I’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19. What should I do?
- What is Seattle Premium Pay?
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is an illness caused by the novel coronavirus. Coronaviruses can cause mild respiratory infections, like the common cold, but can also lead to serious illnesses, like pneumonia.
Have my options for delivery changed?
We recently introduced non-contact deliveries, which allows you to specify where you would like your order to be left (for instance, on your doorstep or in your building’s lobby). You can always access this option when placing an order under ‘Delivery Options.’
Whether you are experiencing symptoms or exercising precautions, you may use this feature to limit person-to-person contact.
What is Dakoos doing to keep me safe?
Health and safety is paramount at Dakoos. Our COVID-19 Task Force is closely monitoring the situation and continuously looking into solutions that will help our community.
If we are notified that anyone using our platform — Dakoos, customers, or merchants — has tested positive for COVID-19, we will temporarily hold the account from using Dakoos until an incubation period is complete. We’re also connecting our Fleet to preventative care guidance from the MoHFW, as well as a health fund, to cover the cost of care to head off any ailments.
How is Dakoos keeping the Fleet safe?
We recently launched the Dakoos Fleet Relief Fund, which aids our Dakoos in covering the costs of co-pays or medical expenses related to COVID-19, regardless of diagnosis. We also continue to issue in-app, precautionary MoHFW guidance for those carrying out deliveries.
Physician-confirmed cases of COVID-19 are separately eligible for up to 14 days of sick leave compensation.
How is Dakoos keeping Merchant partners safe?
We have unveiled a pilot program for small businesses to more easily use our platform. In a time where brick and mortar business owners are seeing a decline in foot traffic, this program will temporarily waive commission fees for businesses in the SF Bay Area.
We continue to recommend per MoHFW guidelines that if anyone working at any business during this time is experiencing symptoms to stay home and refrain from food preparation. We also continue to recommend per MoHFW guidelines that our Dakoos refrain from performing deliveries if they are experiencing symptoms.
What steps can I take to prevent an illness?
Heed the MoHFW’s common sense guidance to ensure you are remaining safe and taking precautionary measures:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Should I wear a face mask?
The MoHFW recommends that everyone wear a cloth face cover in public places, i.e., the grocery store. Cloth face covers are meant to slow the spread of the virus and protect other people from asymptomatic carriers. It is not a substitute for social distancing.
Simple cloth face covers fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low-cost (i.e., scarves, bandanas) can be used. Please refrain from using face masks meant for healthcare workers, such as N95 masks.
Cloth face covers should not be placed on young children under the age of 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
Is it safe to order Dakoos?
By following MoHFW-issued guidelines, we can all help keep the Dakoos platform safe for everyone.
What if I think my food is contaminated?
If you believe that your order has been contaminated, please dispose of it immediately and report it to our team.
What if my Dakoo appears ill?
If the Dakoo who delivered your order appears ill, please dispose of your order immediately and report it to our team. We will take necessary action to prevent this from happening to others in our community.
I’ve been diagnosed with COVID-19. What should I do?
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 by a medical professional and you have performed services as a Dakoo or are a Merchant on the platform, please report it to our team as soon as possible. Per MoHFW guidance, we will temporarily hold your account from using the Dakoos platform to ensure your safety and the safety of our community.
Please also take the following measures per the MoHFW:
- Stay home except to get medical care. People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to isolate at home during their illness.
- Avoid public areas. Do not go to work or school.
- Avoid public transportation. Avoid ride-sharing, taxis, trains, and other forms of public transportation.
- Stay away from others. As much as possible, you should stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home. Also, you should use a separate bathroom, if available.
- You should restrict contact with pets and other animals while you are sick with COVID-19, just like you would around other people. Although there have not been reports of pets or other animals becoming sick with COVID-19, it is still recommended that people sick with COVID-19 limit contact with animals until more information is known about the virus.
What is Seattle Premium Pay?
Due to COVID-19, the Seattle City Council has passed a law that increases the Dakoo’s payout for qualifying deliveries. If your delivery address falls under one of the affected zip codes>, your order will have a premium pay of $2.50. The entirety of this fee will go to your assigned Dakoo.
Dakoo Unlimited is our membership service. For $9.99/month or $99.99/year, members receive free delivery on orders from all merchants on the Dakoo platform when the order size reaches the cart minimum (varies by location).
If you choose a monthly membership, your membership fee will be $9.99/month and will auto-renew every month on your membership billing date. If you choose an annual membership, your membership fee will be $99.99/year and it will auto-renew every year on your membership billing date. Your Dakoo Unlimited membership fee is non-refundable, unless we determine otherwise.
If you have yet to try Dakoo Unlimited, read our article on how to get a free trial.
When placing an order, Dakoo will verify your card by placing a temporary authorization (temp auth) on your account.
Still seeing two payments on your bank account? Don’t worry — it’s not an additional charge. Here’s how it works: To guarantee payment for your order, we authorize your card to ensure it’s valid and there are sufficient funds available to place your order. This is a common practice used as an extra layer of security for all parties.
This temporary authorization, which is typically slightly more than your initial order price, expires within 1-3 days of your completed delivery. You will only be charged for your order total. The final charge amount will be posted within 24 hours, and the total will include the name of the merchant or restaurant you ordered from. After processing (within 1-3 days), your bank statement will appear similar to the below, showing the original order charge and reversal of the temp auth:
This also occurs when you add a new payment method. After adding the new payment method, you will see a $1 temporary authorization hold to make sure the card is active. The authorization hold is reversed within a few days, depending on your bank policy.
Also, if your delivery is cancelled, the temp auth will be reversed within a few business days. Temporary authorizations apply to Apple Pay or Android Pay as well.
You’ll see a temporary authorization on all Dakoo orders.
If you signed up for a free trial and cancel before your free trial ends, you will not be charged.
If you cancel after your free trial ends, you must cancel your membership before the next renewal date to avoid payment of the next billing cycle.
If you cancel an annual or monthly membership that you’ve used, you will not receive any refund but you will be able to use your Unlimited membership for the remainder of your pre-paid membership term.
Canceling from the Dakoo App (iOS, Android):
- Log into the app.
- Select your profile icon in the upper left-hand corner of the app.
- Select Unlimited Membership in the menu.
- Select “Manage Plan” in menu.
- Select “Cancel Membership”
- Confirm by selecting “Cancel Unlimited.”
Canceling from the Dakoo website:
- Log into https://Dakoo.com
- Select “Account Settings” from your profile icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Under Dakoo Unlimited, select “Cancel Automatic Renewal.”
- Confirm by selecting “I’m sure.”